CARING FOR YOU AND YOUR PETS DURING THE PANDEMIC
We are always vigilant about communicable diseases that can affect our patients, their families, and our staff. The COVID-19 pandemic presents us all with unique and fast-evolving challenges. There are few clear answers and guidance changes frequently
- We monitor information from Health Canada, Toronto Public Health and the Ontario Veterinary Medical Association and the College of Veterinarians of Ontario.
- We have increased our frequency of use of medical-grade disinfectants throughout our hospital but more so in high-touch locations and high-traffic areas including, door handles, light switches, faucets, front counters, phones, keyboards, exam rooms, restrooms, and more;
- We remind all employees to stay home if they experience flu-like symptoms;
- If you or any members of your household have respiratory symptoms and you have an appointment with us, please call our office before coming in. This will allow us to determine how best to care for your pet.
- We have temporarily reduced our hours of operation.
WE HAVE STARTED A CURBSIDE CONCIERGE SERVICE!
To maintain social distancing and keep our clients and employees safer, we will accept your pet from you ONLY IN A CARRIER OR ON A SECURE LEASH in our parking lot.
- We will perform care while you wait in your car.
- A doctor will call you on your cell phone to explain exam findings, treatments, and medications. A receptionist will review your pet’s services and fees over the phone and get your credit-card information for payment. The veterinary nurse will bring your pet, medications, and paid receipt to you in our parking lot.
We appreciate the opportunity to care for your pet and have a safe environment for everyone!
We have expanded our telemedicine offerings.
- We will offer live video consultations where appropriate.
- We strongly encourage you to purchase your pet’s food and medication from our online store; www.myvetstore.ca/petdoctor
- Our webstore offers excellent choice and reliable delivery. You will receive discounts when you set recurring orders.
Dr Deji Odetoyinbo